Saturday, October 11, 2014

A New Season

In a current state of shock, introspection, sentimentality, and riding an emotional roller coaster as I contemplate these last few days. Delivering my third child, knowing that I choose not to do it again, knowing that there is no greater privilege and honor, knowing that the days ahead will be full,  joy-filled, hard, painful, lovely, expanding, deep, fleeting, transforming, fragile, powerful, beautiful, tearful, fun, and comical. Every emotion. Every revelation of life. That there is a beginning, middle and end. That trying to push past the pain of today means that I also pass through its joys and delights, without the chance to revisit. These are my thoughts these last few days. Stitches healing. Nipples bleeding. Surrounded by pure beauty and blessing beyond what I deserve. Thankful for these images as a reminder of today and the beauty it holds.











2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I just saw your post today, nobody called me to let me know you had the baby. Nevertheless I am so happy for all of you. Hope to see my new grandniece? in December. Love you all. Aunt Joyce & Family.

Unknown said...

Ah yes, that sums up having a baby. So much all intertwined. She is so beautiful. And one lucky gal to have you as her mother. Xoxo